Saturday, June 6, 2009

And the Bad Mom Award goes to....

me. It's not completely terrible, but I'll delve into the oversight that made my little one cry. We had company tonight. Our friends have three boys, so even though they detest her purple-y room and all the fluff that it is full of, they are drawn to it and like to touch it all. While we were putting a few things back to rights, my sweet one picks up her Tooth Fairy pillow that hangs on the back of her door. My mind went into flashback and I immediately knew what was to follow:

Hannah: Mama! There's a tooth in here!
Me: What?! {crap!}
Her: It's been almost a year since I lost a tooth, Mom.
Me: Ooohhh. It sure has. {double crap! ..with a hidden grimace.}
Her: Does the Tooth Fairy not like my toothes, Mommy? {as she trails her voice and gets teary-eyed. I could not bring myself to correct her grammar at this point.}
*Note - notice the change in my title as we go along.
Me: No! She loves your teeth!
Her: I know! I usually write her a letter and I didn't do it that last time! I need to write a letter! {This is true. She likes to write the Tooth Fairy notes and the Tooth Fairy writes her back with very scrolly - dreamy-like letters.}
Me: No, it's late and I think what happened is that we forgot to hang the pillow on the outside of the door. We'll do that and see what happens.
Her: OK, Mama.. I'll go to bed right now. {still teary, but drying up.}

SO! Please pass me that trophy and I will ashamedly accept it. I am also quite certain that this will not be my last trip to the podium to sadly take my turn with it, but I hope it's not too many times! I am now waiting patiently until she falls asleep so that I can be sure that the Tooth Fairy does not forget again. And yes, the Tooth Fairy does really keep the 'toothes'!"
This is the last time that she lost a tooth (obviously the one before the this discovery!) Since they always fall out in pairs, I'll let you guess how long it's been. hint: This photo is dated 10/28/07. That is sad, people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to fluff my feathers!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

{feathered friends}

shabby blog