Monday, April 13, 2009

hours, days, weeks, months, years...

Is there a difference? It seems like only a short while ago that I held my newborn baby in my arms for the very first time. Groggy from the loads of meds and sore from the C-section, but alert enough to remember forever. She was beautiful beyond words!!! All tiny and precious with that ever-sweet smell of a fresh new life! On that very morning, a love overflowed from my heart that I never knew existed!! Every new mother hears that all too familiar line "Don't blink..". And how true it really is! Time has flown by and that same little bundle of joy is now my bubbly, bouncing, bundle of energy and she is turning eight in two days!! Where did those years go?!? There are so many things that I would have done differently as a mother. Hindsight truly is 20/20! I was young and dumb for the most of it, and for the rest, well... I'd rather not dwell. I have made some mistakes, but I also think that I have done some really great parenting as well. Someone recently told me that she was very intelligent and well-spoken for her age. *Can you feel me beaming?!?* I have also been told that she is polite and caring and compassionate. All are traits that I love about her!

Over the years there have been tears of joy and sorrow, regret and achievement, frustration and happiness. There has been laughter and giggles. There has been oodles of laundry. Plenty of scrapes, bruises, and bumps to go around. Toys are now part of our home's decor. We have drunk water from tiny teacups and put on concerts like rock stars. Playing dress-up is just as much a part of the day as bath-time. If it's artsy-craftsy, we have at done it or planned to do it at a certain age - she is quite the budding artist. And please do not leave out the countless dollars spent on babydolls and hairbows!! All of this for the love of my life - my little girl! She is such a little puzzle, too! How can one person make you want to pull all your hair out and in the next instant melt your heart with an "I love you, Mama!" accompanied by a huge smile!?!

She is the apple of my eye, my biggest task, my heart and soul, what I worry about the most, my greatest accomplishment, and the most awesome and joyous blessing that I have been entrusted with!!! She's my angel and my sweetie pea. She's my Hannah-Bo.
My cup runneth over..

I love you, babykins ~ Happy 8th birthday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to fluff my feathers!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

{feathered friends}

shabby blog