Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Meatballs.. and circle-shaped noodles."

So, last night we told Hannah that she could choose our dinner for tonight since it was her birthday. We have been trying to cut back on spending, so it had to be something that Mama could make at home, and we would do anything to make it special. She says (of all things!) that she wants us to choose a can of soup and each person could have their own flavor canned soup. Strange request. And not exciting or special. I was hoping for something grand since we had decided to play "hookie" from church for tonight, I wanted to go all out!

But this afternoon, after "B" came to the school to make the class kids snowcones for her birthday (THANKS "B"!!! It was a hit!!!) and we were on our way home, she says:

"Mama. I changed my mind. I don't want soup anymore, but what I want does come in a can. *deep breath* I want meatballs."

Me: "Meatballs?"

Her: "Yes ma'am. Meatballs.. and circle-shaped noodles. You know, it has red sauce like spaghetti!"

Me: "You mean spaghetti and meatballs? As your special birthday supper?..."

Her: "Yeah! That's what I want!! ...but you and Daddy can still have plain 'ole soup!"


I almost laughed out loud!! See, even though we are on the bigger side of the scale, I am a fruit and veggie, not much (if any!) meat, no fried, health-food type of gal. She has had spaghetti and meatballs maybe twice in her entire life!!! That mess is too high in fat and sodium, and yet there are kids that have it running through their veins (and they are probably thinner than my baby girl!!)! And I am positive that she took that deep breath and pause to prepare for the "NO" that would be coming!! I thought that it was so funny that out of all of the things that I would cook for her, she chose a crappy can of spaghetti and meatballs as her birthday dinner!!

So, Phillip's going out to purchase a can of the kids-love-it red stuff..
Gotta love it! Priceless moments..
Here are photos from today's snowcone party. Hannah with her snowcone, and then she and Uncle "B" had a snowball fight with the left-over "snow"! FUN TIMES!!!
















1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to fluff my feathers!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

{feathered friends}

shabby blog