I have to say she is taking it pretty well! She knows that she did not do her best, but lacks the maturity to study more on her own (totally normal for her age, I know!). So, I helped her! ;)
Today, she was so excited because we had really been studying for her Alabama History test and she made a 100 on it! AND on her Reading story of the week computer testing portion, she made a 96. I am SO PROUD!! I feel like I had a real hearty parenting 'moment' this week. I really feel like I helped her to realize that she has the potential to do anything. To bring a Reading grade from a C to an A. ... or maybe even more than that. Maybe through the next few weeks, with all the extra study time she will have, she will realize that she can do far, far more than bring up her reading grade. And she may never thank me for this discipline - and I don't ever want her to! I don't even want her to remember it. My hope is that her potential and her drive to be her very best and to be proud of herself is so deeply instilled in her being that she never even remembers that at one time she lacked faith in herself. I don't want to to remember that at one time she didn't care about her future or the consequences of her actions. I only hope that she looks toward her future and squints... 'cause she needs some shades!! {now, please excuse this super proud Mama while I lay out her girl's awesome white-rimmed sun shades! ;) }




You are a great mommy and handled the situation just like a great mommy would. I would have done the same thing. did you see a christmas carol is coming out tuesday? you can get a $10 off coupon at disneymovierewards.com it's for the combo package I don't know if you have a bluray player or not but I had a few dvds before I had a dvd player and the same goes with my blu ray player. We're finally getting a tv hopefully on black friday so we can finally watch blu ray movies here.
ReplyDeleteOH and I have a giveaway going on cinamon rolls and a scrapbook is the prize.
have a great weekend :)
Thanks for the encouragement! We don't have a bluray and I can not WAIT to grab our copy of ACC!! We haven't even seen it yet - H got sick when it was out in theaters :(
ReplyDeleteFeel free to always post a link to your blog when you have giveaways, too!!